|Seto no Hanayome Episode 18|
Gate of Flesh
|Name in Japanese||肉体の門|
|Rōmaji Translation||Nikutai no Mon|
|Adapted From||Chapter 27|
|Release Date||August 5, 2007|
|Screenplay||Makoto Uezu, Sabō Higurashi|
|Episode Director||Yoshiyuki Asai|
|Previous||Seto no Hanayome Episode 17|
|Next||Seto no Hanayome Episode 19|
Gate of Flesh (肉体の門, Nikutai no Mon) is the eighteenth episode of the 2007 anime series Seto no Hanayome.
The whole class takes a sudden field trip to Kyoto. After an incident where Maki attacked Akeno, Sun apologizes to her, but Akeno issues her interest in Sun's mermaid body and asks her permission to investigate them at the bathroom. Unbeknown to them, Nagasumi and Mawari misheard this conversation and issue an investigation of their own.
The whole class goes on a field trip to Kyoto. Sun is in distress and pulls Nagasumi into another room. She tells him thats she is worried about what she should do when they take a bath because everyone will find out that she’s a mermaid.
They visit the usual places of interest in Kyoto and take some pretty entertaining pictures. Nagasumi notices Akeno and goes over to talk to her. Maki shoots water at Akeno, hoping to turn her legs into a mermaid tail. A glob of water manages to hit her legs but they do not transform. Sun finds out what Maki tried to do and scolds her.
Later on, Nagasumi and Mawari are walking down the hall and hear Sun and Akeno talking. They peak into the room and see the two of them in a suggestive postion and a looooong session of supposed yuri filled content ensues. Sun and Akeno go into the bath and after hearing and misunderstanding their conversation, she begins to head for the bath to stop them from committing any acts that would be considered “yuri.” However, fearing that Mawari will see Sun and Akeno in mermaid form Nagasumi prevents her from entering.
- The episode's title is a reference to the film, Gate of Flesh.
- Son Goku from the Dragon Ball series makes a cameo appearance in this episode.
- [Nagaasumi and Akeno approach the Otowa Falls]
- Akeno: In my line of work, I move frequently. That makes it difficult to make friends. I'm always the new transfer student. Most of the time, no one tries to get to know me, but sometimes there's the rare exception. Kind and thoughtful people, just like you, Nagasumi.
- [Nagasumi notices her broad smile]
- Nagasumi: Wow! So she actually can smile!
- [Akeno turns to him]
- Nagasumi: What?
- Akeno: I owe you an apology. I doubted you at first. I thought the invitation might be some kind of trap you were setting for me, since you're involved with Sun.
- Nagasumi: Hey, a trap? No way!
- Akeno: I apologize for my suspicious nature.
- Nagasumi: [laughs] You take your work pretty seriously.
- Akeno: That I do, and I'm really sorry that it caused me to doubt your kindness, Nagasumi.
- Nagasumi: Oh, it's no problem.